- Over 25 years experience as a qualified Psychotherapist and Counsellor.
- 12 years experience in a family focused counselling service.
- 8 years experience in a local counselling agency.
- NCT Ante Natal teacher with 10 years experience.
- Qualified nurse.
Depression, Anxiety, Bereavement, Relationship issues – Working together to understand your experience and find new resources to help you move forward.
Many years experience working with Pregnancy, Childbirth and Parenting issues, for more information click here.
Keeping your individual experience in focus is central to the way I work and to the counselling I offer. I work to help you find ways to process, understand and overcome the individual difficulties you are faced with. I focus on what’s important to you and the changes you want to achieve.
Problems like recurrent depression, anxiety, difficulty with grief or breakdown of relationships are often linked to experiences in your past. I help you to think about your current issue alongside your history. This enables you to develop an understanding of the root cause of your problem, which in turn helps you to achieve real change. This doesn’t mean that I only focus on your past, but that I take your whole life experience, not just the present day, into account when working with you. In this way you achieve change rooted in your own life experience, a change based on your understanding of yourself.
Training, Qualifications & Experience
- C.S.C.T. Diploma in Integrative Counselling and Advanced Skills and Theory
- W.P.F. Psychodynamic Diploma Advanced
- W.P.F. Psychodynamic Diploma
- N.C.T. Antenatal Teacher
- S.E.N. Nurse (Royal United Hospital, Bath)
- U.K.C.P. Registered
- Member of the Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling
- B.C.P.C. approved psychotherapist
I abide by the code of ethics and practice of The United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy (U.K.C.P.) and my accrediting organisation which is The Foundation for Psychotherapy and Counselling (F.P.C.).
Confidentiality will be discussed in more detail at the initial meeting, but please do not hesitate to raise any concerns that you may have on this subject.
Contact me on…